The Science behind the Cannabis-Cancer Connection
Cannabinoids are found to exert their anti-cancer effects in a number of ways and in a variety of tissues.
- Triggering cell death, through a mechanism called apoptosis
- Stopping cells from dividing
- Preventing new blood vessels from growing into tumours
- Reducing the chances of cancer cells spreading through the body, by stopping cells from moving or invading neighbouring tissue
- Speeding up the cell’s internal ‘waste disposal machine’ — a process known as autophagy — which can lead to cell death
All these effects are thought to be caused by cannabinoids locking onto the CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors. Almost daily we are seeing new or confirming evidence that Cannibinoids can be used to great benefit in cancer treatment of many types.
We specialize in non-psychoactive high-CBD cannabis medicines as well as THC-dominant strains for pain, sleeplessness and nausea. We offer the highest quality 215 starts for patients who want to grow their own medicine.